Saturday, May 2, 2009

begin at the beginning

If personalities were political parties, I'd be the NDP. Type A but not really living up to my potential or ideals. Starting this blog is me attempting to further my creative aspirations. I want to read, write, think and have something worth saying. I feel constantly stuck in a cycle of underachievement, starting many things and finishing very few. I hope this blog will help me to kick-start a new era in which I care more, do more and ultimately become more of the person I should be. Big dreams? Yes, always.
So if you take the time to read this, I'd love to hear what you think. I mean otherwise I should just be writing in a coil-bound notebook that will only be read posthumously, right? My biggest hangups come from not beginning because I fear failure from the outset. So here goes...at least three people will now know a goal I have set for myself and I am counting on you three to keep me accountable.

"Write what you think. What you feel. Write because it's the only way you'll get better. Write because it will teach you. Write because you want to."
Ok fine, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment