Friday, September 16, 2011

what do i know ~ written March 20, 2011

The funny thing about life and knowing is that you can only know what you know. You may be told things are not the way you see them, but you only know what you have actually lived.

And call me cynical, call me distrusting, call me afraid, unable to make a commitment, but if any of these things are me it’s because of where I’ve been.

This is what I know. I know that people leave. Sometimes they die and sometimes they choose to leave; sometimes they choose to die. The point is, they leave and you are still here, left with fragments: emotion, memory and the stuff that makes a life. The stuff people call baggage.

And this is what you have and what you know and no one can tell you that this isn’t the way things are. You know differently.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13

Oh, please, bring me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment